- There is an imbalance of casualties in favour of terrorist organisations, and the states in western part of the continent suffer more from civilians being targeted.
- The percentage of civilians in the death toll is quite high and kidnappings are common.
- Al-Shabaab has a wide range of engagement methods and highly targets military and police personnel and their facilities.
- Al- Shabaab's dominant geographical location is at the south of Somalia, surrounding the capital Mogadishu. Attacks are conducted in this zone, as well.
- Explosive based attacks are their most efficient method in terms of inflicting casualties and an imbalance of death/wounded toll exists in favour of the Al-Shabaab terrorist organisation.